2005-02-28

Javascript indent tool

Okay, the last procrastinational activity for today: a very (stone axe) crude kind of javascript indent tool built on GNU indent. So it doesn't really reindent Javascript code, but C. Silly me. But while it does trash the occasional RegExp literal, it's less of a hassle than doing all the work manually.

Besides, most C users wouldn't use web tools to indent their code. Not me, anyway. But if you would, feel free to use this one. The worst thing that could happen is that it might at some time in the future also work with keywords and literals you do not use in your C code, where they are not supported.

(I wish I had some tool that turns javascript input to an abstract syntax tree, which I could then just traverse to cook my own Function.prototype.toSource(). ...Okay, back to work now.)
Categories:
blog comments powered by Disqus