2005-02-23

Procrastination day

Ooo, shiny! Completed the master level of Net in 13:37 (pun not intended) m:s. What an extraordinarily geeky personal record. One probably ought to quit when encountering such divine hints that there are better ways of wasting time.

I could, for instance, finish that object oriented javascript+HTML set top box interface I have a deadline to complete before next Friday and get actual pay for doing, by the hour. That last somehow makes the code very pretty, easy to debug, extend, explain and reuse in a way my pet projects seldom seem to. Why isn't personal hobby hacking paid by the hour?

(Yeah, I know. It's amusing how some question make sense in feelings but come out inane traps of logic short circuit if spelled out in words. Life can be so much fun if you are as easily amused as I am at times.)
Categories:
blog comments powered by Disqus